Sports Dentistry in Munich
What is Sports Dentistry?
Sports Dentistry as a branch of sports medicine, puts a variety of dental factors under the microscope which affect the performance capacity and overall well-being of every athlete.
Regular dental checkups can be used to detect and treat existing problems at the early stages. Prevention, diagnosis and, if necessary, therapy can make a small difference between the success and failure of an athlete, no matter if amateur or professional athlete.
Which dental problems can affect your athletic performance?
- Displaced, impacted wisdom teeth
- Dead tooth or root inflammation
- Sports injuries of teeth and jaw
- Inflammation of the gum and the jawbone
- Caries risk due to high-sugar diet (eg isotonic drinks)
- Dental material intolerance
- Jaw and dentition malpositions
- Myoathropathies of the temporomandibular joint and the facial and masticatory muscles
What can we do for you?
- Prevention of dental and jaw sports injuries through individually adapted sports mouth guards
- Individual prophylactic measures for caries and periodontitis prevention
Diagnostic measures (check-up)
- Detecting subclinical inflammations (= inflammations not diagnosed by a ‘normal examination’) of the periodontal ligament using the highly sensitive aMMP-8 test:
We determine your individual risk of the individual within a few minutes and without any pain using the chairside aMMP8 saliva test Tissue destruction by gum disease, which has a negative impact on overall health and performance. Our practice is certified PerioPrevention Center.
- Clinical and instrumental functional analysis:
Through a detailed functional analysis of the bite, the temporomandibular joint and the chewing and facial muscles, we can diagnose jaw and dentition defects as well as muscular problems in the jaw area, which adversely affect the entire musculoskeletal system.
- Treatment of dental injuries after sports accidents. Through our experience at the University Hospital Regensburg, we have become experts in this field of dentistry.
- Performance increase through:
- Treatment of functional problems (jaw and dentition defects and myoarthropathies) with individually-made splints.
- Elimination of inflammatory foci in the tooth and jaw area.
Do you have any questions or would you like to make an appointment for a consultation on Sports Dentistry?
Simply contact our dedicated practice team in Munich and make an appointment for a consultation regarding sports dentistry. Our team will be happy to answer your questions anytime +49 (0) 89 – 255 46 888 or make an appointment directly online.